Interview of a poker player: Catherine Hermary Vella
Catherine Vella Hermary studied Oriental languages and continued his studies in the USA. Having been a journalist in Lebanon during the war, she wrote over 20 novels. She received the Prix Femina in 1981 for ‘The Grand Vizier of the Night’, the Prix des Maisons de la Presse for a love crazy ‘and the Grand Prix RTL’ L ‘infidel’.
It alternates between novels and biographies successfully while dividing his time between France and the United States, where she lives long. Poker player in his spare time, she agreed to answer some questions.
- FrenchPokerPlayer: How long have you been playing poker?
- Catherine Hermary Vella: I play poker for 20 years but stayed an amateur extremely modest
- FPP: How did you find this activity?
- CHV: Friends fans also initiated me. I quickly made the game and thought that poker was more challenging than other card games.
- FPP: Do you play dollars or peanuts?
- HVC: I play are very minimal. The goal is to build a small kitty to go once a year in a good restaurant with friends.
- FPP: How often do you play?
- HVC: I play more the winter when you can not stay to chat on the terrace.
- FPP: What alternative do you play? (Hold’em, Stud, Omaha … ..?)
- HVC: I am not sure which variant. The good old poker like in the movies or westerns of bandits.
- FPP: Do you play online, live or both? Whether you prefer and why?
- CHV: Not online,
- FPP: What is your favorite hand? Why?
- HVC: I like the hands that are not famous, AC can show more gall.
- FPP: Do you have any advice for visitors to the blog www.frenchpokerplayer.com?
- HVC: I would not dare give any advice to readers of the blog, otherwise “have fun! ”
- FPP: What is your goal in poker?
- CHV: fun
- FPP: What is the main quality you think to succeed in poker?
- HVC: A sense of humor, a little courage and a lot of gall (also a good assessment of the situation, I would say “the Instinct”)
- FPP: Do you have a story to tell us?
- HVC: The fortunately rare case of bad mood. Some random departures, the very temporary quarrels, many laughs.
- FPP: Catherine Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions. It is good sometimes to remember that poker is primarily a game I wish you much fun to play, and a big pot at the end of the year for your meal with your friends